Best Shoes for Retail Workers
Every job requires some specific requirements about clothing. However, there are a few jobs which literally keep you on your toes, and you have to keep your feet ready for the exhaustive work. People working in retail would know how important it is to buy right kind of shoes. Retail is the kind of job which requires you to find the most comfortable shoes which pamper your feet. It is not always easy to find the right kind of shoes because of a variety of shoes available in the market. There are no perfect choices, but you can get the best among the available choices if you follow the guidelines given below.
How to choose the right shoes?
You can find the right kind of shoes if you keep in mind following things and try to find the pair which fulfills following requirements.
- Arch Support
You have to find the shoes which support the arch of your feet perfectly. It is essential because it will help your feet even if you have to spend all day standing on your feet. You will feel an extra tension in your feet if your shoes don’t have perfect arch support. Your feet will be fatigued, and you will not be able to concentrate on your work.
The material used in the shoes is also one of the important factors to consider while buying shoes. The material used in shoes also plays an important role when it comes to comfort and support for your feet. You have to keep in mind the environment in which your shoes are going to be used. If you are working indoors, you can go for leather because of durability and conformity with the feet. On the other hand, if you are working outdoors, you can go for synthetic material because of the ease and comfort.
As a retail worker, you need to have excellent cushioning in your shoes, so you don’t feel strained even after a long, standing day. It is recommended to get memory foam with gel padding for cushioning.
- The Shoe Fit
Always try to find the shoes which fit perfectly to your feet. Otherwise, you will be uncomfortable for the rest of your day. Wrong fitting of the shoe can lead to more than one type of injuries that’s why it is essential to get the best fitted shoes.
- Type of Your Feet
Believe it or not, feet are of different types. For example, if you have flat feet, you should go for the shoes, specifically designed for flat feet. Similarly, feet with a higher arch and lower arch also have specifically designed shoes, and you should look for shoes according to the type of your feet.
Best Shoes for Retail Workers
Even after looking at the characteristics of shoes you are still confused you don’t have to worry. We have made a list to help you look at the best shoes available. You can look at the features of these pairs of shoes and choose one for yourself.
- Keen Utility PTC Oxford Work Shoe
As the name shoes, these are specifically designed for your work requirements. These are designed to make you work comfortably and with ease.
- Memory foam padding is what you need to be searching for in a retail worker’s shoes, and Keen’s shoes bring it to you in these shoes.
- The rubber outsole is non-marking which means you don’t have to worry about walking on slippery surfaces or even on the oily floor. The shoes contain anti-slip quality providing you grip while walking.
- Keen provides you with stain-resistant and waterproof features which mean the moisture will be absorbed and you don’t have to worry about slipping around.
- Keen’s Oxford work shoes provide you ultra comfort because of the amazing design and the material used.
- It is the best choice for long shifts for a retail worker because of the comfort these shoes offer.
- Stain resistant property makes it easier to clean.
- The Oxford styling provides an adjustable and secure fit, so you don’t have to worry about injuries.
- Arch support is amazing.
- Cushioning and anti-slip quality are one of the most amazing qualities of these shoes.
- These shoes require a little longer breaking in period so don’t expect perfect fit out of the box.
- Skechers for Work Slip-resistant Boot
It is also one of better choices for retail workers. Skechers have always provided its customers with the best choices available, and these shoes are no exception.
Skechers for Work shoes have following qualities.
- Laced-up style provides the best fit for your fit, and it also gives you customize fit so you can tighten or loosen the lace according to your requirement.
- The Sturdy leather is used to give an upper built.
- These shoes also provide extra support and protection to the feet because of the padded collar and tongue.
- There is removable footbed which has memory to pamper your feet with extra cushioning.
- Shock absorbent quality is also commendable.
- Customizable and adjustable fit with lace-up closure design is the highlight of these shoes.
- Smooth upper using leather.
- Pull tab makes it easier to wearing or removing the shoes.
- Ultra comfort using the memory foam footbed which is also removable.
- The slip-resistant sole allows you to walk comfortably on slippery or even oily floor. The outsole is made of nitrile rubber which has anti-slip qualities.
- It takes time for the shoes to fit on your feet and it is not quite fit just after getting out of the box.
- Merrell Jungle Moc
Merrell shoes are not only known for their comfort but also for the style and classic spin they put on boring old shoes. Merrell Jungle Moc is one of the best shoes Merrell has ever produced, take a look at the features.
- Soft pig skin lining gives you ultra comfort even on those days when you don’t like to walk or stand on your feet.
- The pigskin also feels great against your skin.
- It also adds to the flexibility of the shoes, which is an essential quality in best shoes for retail workers as they have to be constantly on the go in their job.
- An air cushion is also added in the heels which makes it even comfortable to move around during your shift.
- The air cushion in the heel also works as an amazing shock absorbent and make you safe from many injuries.
- The molded nylon arch shank provides extra arch support to give you perfect fit for the shoes.
- Contoured footbed with odor control not only helps you control the bad odor of your feet but also provide cushioning and support.
- Anti-slip qualities.
- Stability heels for extra support.
- The material used is not breathable which means these are not ideal for warm weather.
- You might hear squealing for a certain type of flooring.
- Grasshoppers Windham
These are the best choice for people who want to combine the style with ultra comfort. These are not only comfortable and soft but also light in weight so you can wear all day, every day without getting bored.
Grasshoppers Windham is one of the most amazing shoes a retail worker could ever have, and it has following qualities.
- These are lightweight and airy which means these are perfect for those warm days.
- The upper is made of fabric which is perfect for people who complain about sweaty feet as the fabric make the shoes airy and breathable.
- These are made with Ortholite sock liner which means you will feel like wearing a sock while wearing these shoes as these are highly comfortable.
- Extremely easy to wear and remove because of the absence of laces.
- The design of these shoes makes them flexible, so it is easier for you to move around quickly.
- These shoes have high traction sole, so you can move around on different kind of surfaces without having to worry about slipping.
- Padded collar and tongue provides extra support and cushioning, so you don’t get your feet injured.
- The arch support is amazing, and also pure-fit cushion arch gives ultra cushioning and support.
- The memory foam inner sole is also great for providing cushioning to the feet.
- Fabric upper is for high breathability.
- Upper gets easily frayed because of the fabric usage.
A retail worker’s job is a little taxing for the feet. One does not have to put a lot of extra mental or physical effort. However, the feet get it all, and if you are a retail worker, your feet need to be taken care of. You have to spend a handsome amount of your salary on your shoes so you can perform your job comfortably and actively. This will improve your performance and you will feel better, happy and less tired at the end of the day. Get the best shoes now and enjoy doing your job.