It’s a well-known fact that the nurses are constantly on their feet – this profession requires you to have comfortable footwear that will give you a good and reliable support for the long shifts and workweeks. As there are so many top nursing shoes on the market, we picked up those that we consider as the best and tested them out.
Best Shoes for Nurses
Read on and find everything about the five best pairs of shoes for the nurses – we checked out all of their features and found out their advantages, as well as disadvantages.
5 Top Shoes for Nursing Reviewed
4.0 / 5
The first product on our list is something very simple yet utterly professional – the Women’s Professional Mule Shoes made by Dansko, a comfort footwear company from Pennsylvania. Let’s check these best shoes for nurses out!
These shoes have one of the biggest color selections that we have seen so far – you can get them in 23 different variations, which means that there will be a color for everyone’s taste. And that’s not the only good thing here – these shoes are made from pure leather and feel great on touch. The soles, on the other hand, are made out of the combination of synthetic materials, and there is also a spacious box for the toes and the anti-fatigue rocker on the bottom side. When it comes to the dimensions, the heel stands at approximately 1.5 inches while the platform measures at 0.75 inches. In our opinion, these are very comfortable – the nurses will surely like them.
The people at Dansko definitely know how to make something very simple yet highly functional – even though they’re pricey we have to give these comfy shoes our big recommendation.
Along with the high price, we have to criticize the durability of the outer layer – we’ve definitely seen better ones.
- Slip-on work shoe featuring leather upper and chunky heel with platform
- PU outsole for durability and shock absorption; To confirm the correct size and a proper fit, there should be about a pinky finger width between your heel and the back of the clog
- Protective TPU heel counter allows the heel to move up and down freely while providing lateral stability
4.2 / 5
Even without trying them on, one can notice that these shoes look very comfortable – the people at Cherokee definitely know how to make a good first impression!
Coming in black and white color, this footwear is, as the name suggests, created for the working ladies. Featuring a rubber sole, the shoes have an excellent grip on all kinds of surfaces, preventing you from slipping and allowing you to safely go through the long night shifts of walking around the hospital. The upper part is made of tumbled leather and feels great to touch. There is also some breathable lining for the additional comfort and moisture wicking, as well as the so-called Double Goring System for an easier individual fit. We especially liked the look of white variant – simple from afar; it looks very sophisticated and professional when you take a look at it from up close.
Coming at a pretty reasonable price, the Cherokee Mambo sneakers are something truly unique. They have a minimalistic yet very sleek look and are the perfect footwear for the nurses.
Some ladies probably won’t like the poor color selection – you can get these only in black or white.
- Premium tumbled leather upper
- Double goring system for individual fit
- Breathable lining for comfort
- Slip resistant
4.1 / 5
If you’re a nurse and looking for a very simple solution for your feet, look no further – the Nurse Mates Women’s Dove shoes are probably what you’ve been searching for.
Like we already said, these look absolutely minimalistic – there are no decorations on either side of the shoes, with both the upper side and the soles being made from pure rubber. This gives the shoes an excellent grip on all kinds of surfaces, which is crucial for the people who are walking a lot – like the nurses. They are very easy to slip on and have a pretty good grip on the feet. One can buy them in three different colors – black, white, and a very unusual combination of gray and white, “Metallic Navy Patent.” We should also mention the reasonable price and the fact that it’s very easy to keep this footwear clean.
As you can see, things don’t have to be complicated to be good – sporting a very minimalistic look, the Nurse Mates Women’s Dove clogs are a simple solution for the long and tiresome night shifts.
The arch support is not the best one we’ve seen yet, and breaking into these best shoes for nurses takes some time.
- Ultra lightweight outsoles with rubber inserts for slip resistance and longer wear.
- Tumbled leather uppers with stain resistant finish.
- Footbeds are contoured to cradle the foot.
- Tempered steel shanks provide lateral stability while walking.
- Measurements: Heel Height: 1 1⁄2 in Weight: 10 oz Product measurements were taken using size 7, width D - Wide. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
4.2 / 5
Expensive but very comfy and colorful, the new slip-on shoes from Alegria are an attractive choice for all nurses and nursing students. Let’s check out all of their features!
First things first – the color selection for these shoes is just amazing! There are over 35 different designs, with all sorts of decorations and color shades, and we’re pretty sure that every lady will find a pair to her liking. We had the so-called “Psych Fest” model on the test, sporting a mixture of bright colors and looking very charming. The upper part of these slip-on clogs is made of leather, with the soles made out of the synthetic materials and being grippy enough for most of the surfaces, although not as much as your standard rubber soles. The shoes are very roomy and easy to slip on, which is, in our opinion, always a big plus.
Loads of interesting prints and the spaciousness are the two main advantages of the Alegria Women’s Debra Slip-On’s – if you’re looking for a colorful solution for your nursing shifts, these are an excellent choice.
It’s a shame that these shoes are sold at such a high price – it will prevent many ladies even to consider buying them.
- Alegria Footwear Size Guide
- Get ready to fall head-over-heels in love with comfort inducing Debra!
- Features a durable, stain-resistant leather upper that is easy to clean.
- Slip-on style with a lightly cushioned collar and dual gore strips at instep.
- Provides a roomy toe box for all-day comfort. Smooth and breathable leather linings. Offers a removable footbed made of cork, latex, and memory foam for all-day comfort and support. Durable and structured outsole aids in reducing stress on joints and muscles. Slip-resistant polyurethane outsole is crafted to promote a natural walking motion. Imported. Click here to learn more about Alegria outsole technology. Measurements:Heel Height: 1 1⁄2 in Weight: 12 oz Platform Heigh
4.0 / 5
If you want to spend as less money as possible, but still get a pair of quality nursing shoes, this is the way to go – affordable but functional, this footwear is the best budget-friendly option!
The Quark Women’s Nursing Shoes come with a slip-on closure, which means that they’re easy to put on and take off. The primary material here is the rubber, giving a good grip on all surfaces but also preventing any fluids to get through – the shoes are impermeable.
There is also the so-called DRYZ system for the moisture management, as well as the footbed which is made from latex, providing some ventilation and controlling the humidity. When it comes to colors, you can get these clogs in three different variations – white, black, and navy (blue). The low cost is definitely the highlight here – these are the cheapest nursing shoes we’ve reviewed so far!
Durable and water & slip resistant, this footwear is certainly an excellent choice for the nurses who are looking to spend as less as possible but still get something that won’t come apart after only a few uses.
The only thing we didn’t like is the occasional squeaking sound, but we guess one can get used to it after a while. We recommend all the aforementioned best shoes for nurses. Have your pick.
- Super Lightweight Clog that Inspired the Whole Brand!
- Patented EVA and Rubber Compound Gently Stretched and Conforms to Your Foot
- Duo-Density Footbed Supplies Extra Arch Support
- DRYZ Moisture Management Technology Keeps Your Foot Dry and Cool